Tait’s Wongabel Stables in conjunction with WILDERNESS EXPEDITIONS present…….
HOLIDAYS ON HORSEBACK
Spend a week in peaceful bush surroundings.
Camp beside quiet rivers while an expert cook prepares all your meals. Travel in the footsteps of the pioneers. See the wild mountain country where they discovered and mined tin. Wonder at the spirit of the early explorers as you come upon spectacular views.
Meet your fellow riders early in the morning. Get to know your horse as you take a shorter ride to the first camp. Learn how to secure your horse at night. Set up your camp while your cook prepares your first camp meal.
The following day, rides will be of 20-25 kms with good lunch breaks and stops at interesting features. On the last day, finish at about 4 pm and be driven back to the starting point at Wongabel or Atherton.
- Suitable horse with stock saddle, saddle bag and water bottle
- Riding helmet
- All horse feed and night lines.
- Tent with self-inflating mattress.
- Sleeping bag, (at extra cost)
- Your own sleeping bag, small pillow, clothes suitable for all weather.
- Riding gear including shirts with sleeves, long pants or jeans, suitable boots or shoes with low heel.
- Camera, torch, towel, swimming togs and toiletries.
- Spare clothing to be packed in a small bag to be carried on back-up vehicle.
Fully catered extended ride, 5 – 6 days, early July 2019
$350 per day
If you have your own horse, $250 per day
Other dates, please enquire:
Ph (07) 4091 2070 or email: email@example.com
A variety of accommodation is available in Atherton, Yungaburra, Malanda and surrounding areas.
- Atherton Blue Gum B&B
- Canopy Treehouses
- Chambers Wildlife Rainforest Lodges
- Tablelands Tours & Transfers:
Phone: 42250133 Mobile; 0428 732 444
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb: www.tablelandstoursandtransfers.com.au