Welcome to Tait's Wongabel Stables
Tait’s Wongabel Stables started operating in 1987 Sheila Tait continues the tradition of bush riding established by her late husband. She is assisted by friendly, experienced instructors. Safety is the first consideration, and all riders are given the necessary guidance to ensure an enjoyable experience.
Sheila is an experienced trail rider and has gained knowledge of the district by helping with planning of extended rides in remote areas. She also has some experience of riding with pack horses on the Bicentennial National Trail.
- Lessons for all abilities.
- Beginners of all ages enjoy the one hour lesson/ride which teaches them to handle a horse.
- More experienced riders can enjoy a half-day ride in a scenic mountain setting. This includes boiling the billy at a creek for a morning tea break.
- Student and youth groups are welcome for introductory lessons.
- Whole day rides can be arranged if sufficient riders are available and if advance notice is given. These rides are for experienced riders only.
One hour ride $60
Half day (morning ride) $100
Whole day $150
Contact us to make a booking